Saturday, July 5, 2008

My New Racing Column at SRM

And, I'm back. Haven't been on here in a while. Not that I've been too busy or anything. Just lazy, maybe a little depressed. Don't know why either. I'm still in Memphis. Planning on driving back to Charleston in the next couple of weeks. I've almost wrapped up my project here, but there are some add ons that I could hang around for.

I've been posting regularly at foxsportsblogs.com . My blog there is Copperhead Road, and my screen name is Hanahan. I put up a couple of NASCAR posts a week there. I have somewhat of a following there, and it's pretty fun to interact with the different readers. And they have a lot of readers at foxsports. Worldwide---Australia, New Zealand, England, Canada, Columbia, I've heard from all of them. I also have a sports blog at realsportsbloggers.com. My blog there is called The Strike Team, and my screen name is Mackey. Mainly just reposts the same blogs from Fox, although I do some just for them.

Which brings me to my latest news. I've been asked to do a couple of columns a week for sportsreviewmagazine.com. They're revamping the online mag next month and I'll be a part of it. A chance to work with some pros and maybe even make a little money down the road. SRM started as a glossy mag back in 1941. it's been bought out a couple of times, and went electronic in the early 2000s. They have several pro athletes, and sports related businessmen writing for them now. I'll be doing something tenatively titled, The SRM Motorsport Report. Focusing mainly on NASCAR, but as the name suggests, different types of racing from time to time also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.